Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Very Very Special lax man!!

Seems an eternity since my last post but I just feel I have to write this one today.

Just as I grew up watching Sachin Tendulkar set the cricket world on fire through the 90's, I am sure there would be a lot of teenagers who saw a very lax looking man lead India to a famous test victory today. Twenty years down the line, if one of these teenagers is on a quiz show and they are asked the question - "What do the initials VVS in VVS Laxman's name stand for?" - I reckon, it wouldn't be too surprising if the answer given is "Very Very Special". I am sure, Laxman will go down in cricket-lore as Very Very Special!

In fact, he is so special against the Aussies that not many pundits are surprised by his performance today. It has become commonplace to expect such performances from the wand-weilder - Laxman. What it does, is put Ishant Sharma's performance on a higher pedestal. Ishant was the surprise package, not Laxman.

Laxman was his usual self - just very very special and reLaxed!!

No comments: